Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Pine Cones for Christmas


I am loving the free supply of pine cones near our house and have been going for walks with the kids to collect them in bags. The kids love collecting them! I have added them to my outdoor table to make it look a bit more like Christmas and have also used it on my home-made wreath for the front door.
I think the brown and white look great together.
Maybe at some stage, I will research some more fun craft projects to do with the kids with pine cones.

When I was a child I loved collecting pine cones to throw into the fire at my Nan's house and watch them crackle away and while trying to get a smell of the pine. I really want to have a fireplace one day.
 (not that you would think that at the moment in this extreamly hot weather)
Lou x

No comments:

Post a Comment